Friday, May 4, 2007

things that make me feel good about my life


so i got sucked into watching 'the rainmaker' on tv today. matt damon is a lawyer just out of law school that not only helps and represents the woman that gets constantly beat by her boyfriend, but he also represents the lukemia patient that died because even though he had an insurance policy it wasnt enough to cover the costs of giving him treatment. he also rescues puppies in his spare time. clearly he's the good guy lawyer, and everyone's american hero. he works to help people and represents the everyday american that is just trying to make it in this world without being overly screwed by large corporate america - insurance companies included.

so why do i feel good? because im going to graduate from law school and head out on my own like matt damon and help people in need in their struggles and only receive money if they are successful in court? nope. because im going to be like jon voight and turn over my life to a law firm that represents and defends these glorious insurance companies. i mean, insurance companies are people too. these poor people have thousands of people constantly suing them. as though they ever did anything to deserve it. somebody must help them. it might as well be me. and i think im just about ready to sell my soul in order to do it.

4 comments:

Lark said...

Is this company in the malpractice business also - the bad side of malpractice? You'll really be selling your soul if you go down that road - but insurance - whatever. Who really likes insurance anyway?

Kaahl said...

You are making a wise choice. Insurance companies *are* people. What type of people? They are not too bright. From personal experience working with some large insurance company clients, the people that run these companies are not sinister, just inept. You can make a fine living completely above board working for them--nothing will change because they don't like change. Only beware outside consulting firms that come in and shake up the norm.

Paige said...

I actually don't run right now and I really enjoy it more when I have friends to run with. I've decided that I'm more of a social runner now. When I'm on my own I'd rather do something at the gym so I can read while I work out.

You're doing a triathalon?!? You haven't even mentioned it on your blog. Does that mean that you've been watching too much tv and not training? I still have no desire to run a marathon or do a triathalon. Good luck.

Lindsey said...

Kent you're doing a triathlon? That's awesome! I did one a couple years ago. It was a short one. 500m swim, 10 mile bike and 5k run. It was really fun. I would love to do another one but i don't have a bike anymore...

Archive