Saturday, May 19, 2007

party conversations

her: 'kent, have you seen melissa?'

me: melissa. melissa. crap. i should know this one.

'uh...no. i havnt. sorry.'

her: 'kent. do you even know my name? please tell me you do.'

me: oh, wow. that one came out of no where. who does this girl think she is, asking me a question like that? i mean, we just met three weeks ago and have hung out 3 or 4 times since. alright, quick. come up with something.

'uh.....'

think dang it. it cant be that hard. you know this one. betsy? suzy? destiny? angelique? angelique? shes not black. come on. think of a white name. just guess one.


'melissa?'

her: 'melissa? what? no. that's who we are looking for.'

me: dang. terrible guess. alright. just dont respond. pretend you didnt say that. just stare through her with an awkward closed mouth half-smile.

her: 'it starts with an 'a' and ends with a 'shley.' remember it!'

me: keep staring.

3 comments:

Kaahl said...

i love it.

daveghax said...

i wish that didn't hit so close to home.

Joshua Baron said...

I am listening to the most repetitive inane bar review lecture in history on Conflicts of Law. Luckily I have thoughts from kent drive.

Archive