Sunday, September 5, 2010

Arcade Fire Brilliance

I love the Arcade Fire and just about everything they do. After their last album they released the fantastic video featured below. They recently came out with another album, The Suburbs. They have once again upped the ante and the standard of greatness that they themselves have set.

Go to this site: The Wilderness Downtown

Put in your home address or any other address of your choice.

Enjoy. (Note: it can take awhile to load and the pop-ups are part of the experience. I watched it on Firefox and not on Google Chrome so I don't know if it works on Explorer or if I was missing out on much but not using Chrome.)

Maybe I liked it because I actually grew up in a suburb. Or maybe I liked it because I like pretty much anything Arcade Fire does. Or maybe I liked drawing trees and branches and then watching the birds come by later and rest on those branches. Or maybe I liked it because it's just plain cool and awesome.




Here is the Neon Bible video I mentioned:

2 comments:

Lark said...

I just came upon this website this weekend and was going to tell you about it. Problem was I didn't get our address to come up. It said there wasn't enough Google Maps info for our address or something...so it showed me Glendale instead. Glendale? Not even close. Oh well. I still thought it was great.

kent said...

Yeah, our address did the same thing but we used it anyways. Not sure how much it changed the video. I also wonder if it's much different with Chrome. It was still pretty cool and fun even if it wasn't the exact way it was intended.